Effective January 5, 2007
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
CyclesPage.com is owned and operated by SBG Design, Inc. ("SBG") Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At SBG, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION SBG GATHERS AND TRACKS
SBG gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions that allow the software at CyclesPage.com to calculate information about users' menstrual and ovulation cycle, and to communicate that information to users through either a webpage or (for premium customers) through email.
- Information SBG gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does SBG divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
SBG Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Menstruation/Ovulation Tracking and Prediction
Our site collects the dates of the first day of a user's menstrual cycle for the purposes of recording, tracking, and predicting future menstruation and ovulation cycles. CyclesPage.com also collects additional biological information from subscribers for the purposes of recording, tracking, and predicting future menstruation and ovulation cycles. This additional information includes Basal Body Temperature (BBT), cervical mucous consistency, menstrual flow amounts, evaluations of headache and cramping severity, ovulation date, and "comments" where the user can record any additional personal information. This information is only available to the user and is not disclosed to anyone else, or used for any other purpose.
- "Password Reminder" Service
In the event that a user forgets her password, CyclesPage.com offers a "password reminder" service where the user's password is emailed to the email address on file. For this system to work the user must provide their email address.
- Menstruation/Ovulation Notification Service
At the user's request, CyclesPage.com will email a User notifying her either before or after her menstruation or ovulation date. For this system to work the user must provide their email address.
- All email addresses submitted by users are only used to support the services described above. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Although the services at CyclesPage.com will not normally be used by minors, consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly require personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
SBG tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. SBG does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
USE OF INFORMATION
SBG uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
SBG creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
SBG uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SBG operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to subscribe to our interactive services, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
- Choosing to have any and all personal information previously entered deleted immediately from the site.